Thursday, July 8, 2010

On Hold

A day before we were to leave on vacation I recieved a phone call from Andrea.  She was no longer going to be our social worker.  She decided to start another adoption to her family, which means she couldn't work anymore or at least for a period of time.  I asked her what was going to happen now and what do we do next.  All she had to say was that she was waiting for paperwork and we would be assigned to someone else.  I told her we were going on vacation and that we would be gone for a little over two weeks.  She said that should give someone enough time to go over our files and get back to us.

I was a little angry at this because we have been working on this fo almost a year and all of a sudden we are put on hold because she wants to adopt another child.  I am fine with someone wanting to adopt, that's what we are doing, but it would have been nice to be told about this and it was going to happen long before it did.  This decision was not a bad one though.

The entire time we had been working with her we felt as though she was putting us off and just dragging us slowly along.  At least now we know why.

While on vacation I tried to stay focused on everything and everyone around us.  Yet there were many times that I wished we had other children to share this with.

So our files are on hold till someone gets them and contacts us about them to continue the process.

No comments: