Tonight we met with our new Adoption Social Worker, Patty. With what we have had to go through with our other Social worker I was worried. But after many prayers and comforting words from my sweet husband, I felt more at ease.
She came to our home and actually she called us from the top of our drive way and said she was going to walk down to our home. So Rob was really sweet and walked to the top and walked down with her. She seemed very nice and easy to talk to. She sat down at our table and we went over the case file she had on us. She checked to make sure all of our things were in order and that she had all the paperwork that was going to be needed. We talked about all the normal things such as growing up, family, and the infertility. She asked how we felt about the attatchment classes we had taken and how we felt about them. I have always loved my husband and had great respect for him, but as was even further impressed by how he spoke about the things that he had learned and his views on different ways of parenting. He always takes my breath away.
She did ask me a very interesting question that no one had ever asked me before. How did you deal with the lowest point in your life and what was it? My lowest point was when my Becca past from this life. It was the hardest thing I had to deal with, but it was because of my faith and knowledge that I knew where she was and that I was going to see here again that I was able to deal with that loss and pain. These children that we are going to bring into our home have and are going through so much loss and I pray that we will be able to give them that comfort that I have felt.
She had mentioned that we have many strong points and that is very favorable for us. There is also the possibility that we could by pass the foster care lisence if we adopt children that have already been fully relinquished from their parents. I felt very comfortable with her and how she reacted with us. There are still things that we are having to take care of, such as the house and a few more interviews, but for the first time I don't feel like it is going to take forever or never happen. Now we wait again.
5 Days after the Drop!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment