Thursday, April 8, 2010

Temple Experiences and Why

I am writing this in this blog because of the experience I had on this day that had to do with adoption.
Today I spent a wonderful day at the Temple.  I am an Ordinance Worker on Thursday mornings and truely love spending my time there.  Today I woke up and was running behind, but I got there just in time for the early morning meeting.  I am so grateful that I get to spend time in Our Heavenly Fathers house and enjoy the sweet Spirit of the other workers and patrons that are there.

I recieved a couple of wonderful opprotunities today that have over filled my heart.  Sister Brown, one of my coordinators, didn't know exactly where to put me on the schedule today.  So she listened to the Spirit as it told her where to put me.  I was first assigned to the main staircase, which is a very important place to be put.  You are the first face that the patrons see after their recommends are checked.  Then I was sent to name issue, and on to the atrium.  Just as I got upstairs I was asked to go to the baptistry.  I wasn't sure why so I headed down there.  As I aproached the doors I looked and saw that the baptistry was very full.  I had never seen it that full.  So many teenagers coming to the Lords House to do baptisms for those who were unable to do them for themselves.  There was no standing room anywhere.  As I got to the front I was directed to a father and his son.  The father is deaf and was in need of an interpreter.  I was excited and nervous all at the same time.  I had not yet recieved the opportunity to work in the baptistry and now my first time to do so was as an interpreter.  I knew that I would be guided in knowing what I needed to do and the best way to help this family.  With all the people there and the things that were happening my heart and Spirit were very calm as were theirs.  They had brought family names to do today.  The father, Jamy, took his son, William, into the font and used his voice.  Then when it came time to do the confirmations he did so again.  They were both very happy to have come and enjoy the Temple blessings.  I was so grateful I got the opportunity to do so as well.

The next great experience I recieved today was when I was about ready to go home.  Sister Brown once again came and said you need to follow me.  So I stayed in toe the entire way.  She was very busy so there were a few times I would just stand a greet others.  She then took me aside and told me of a family that was coming into the Temple to be sealed together.  Now families coming to be sealed happens now and then, but this time it was something very special and something that I needed to be a small part of.  It was a family with 10 children.  Each and everyone of them were adopted.  Seven are Samoan and three that are white two sets of sibling groups that equal ten.  I was so touched to meet them and to see such a beautiful thing.  I got only a brief moment with them before I had to go, but in that brief moment I thought of the experience that awaits to happen in our family.  To not only have children enter our home, but to have them sealed to us for time and all Eternity.  I can not explain how my heart was filled with such love and warmth when I saw these beautiful children awaiting to become an Eternal family.  It gave me comfort that the work we are going through to become a larger family is what we truely are to be doing.  I also thought I would love to have a house of 5-6kids or more.  But since our home can only fit so many I am sure 3-4 will be enough.  I love this plan.   

No comments: