Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pre-Thinking

I have been thinking a lot about all the things that are going to have to take place after children enter our Home.  When you start out with an infant as they grow you teach them slowly about responsibility, doing chores, being respectful, learning about who Heavenly Father is.  Since we are adopting more than one child and they will be a little older we have to take a different aproach on how and what to teach.  We don't know who they are yet, we don't know anything about them, we don't know if they even understnd who their Heavenly Father is.  So as I have been doing things around the house I think of things like: how would I teach them to do laundry, dishes, cleaning their room, bathrooms, vacuuming (even if it is Rob's favorite thing to do).  When I run errands or just drive around I think of things like: Where I want to take them, places and experiences I want to share with them, going to the park, going camping, going out to eat or just for ice cream.  All these things are always on my mind.  I have so much I want to share and give that there are days I feel like I am busting at the seems.  I do pray that it will not take forever to fill our home.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I pray the same for you. I hope it happens while we are still living here. I'd love to see you with the family Heavenly Father wants to send you.