Monday, March 15, 2010

First Meeting Finished

Rob and I met with our Adoption Social Worker, Andrea.  I was very nervous, and once we met her I was still worried I would say something wrong.  We went over a few of the classes that she wants us to take, which we knew we were going to be doing.  Right now we have three classes and that is not including the CPR class we still need to take.  Plus two of the classes are two day classes.  So we actually have 6 more classes to take.  I am ok with taking the classes if they are going to help us better understand what we are going to be doing.  Sometimes I see parents and think they need to take a class.  Children don't come with a how to manuel, but these classes will give us some direction on how-to do or handle a few things that come with kids that have had drastic things hapen to them in their life before we got them. 

I knew we were going to be handed a lot of paperwork to finish and that is an understatement.  We have recieved a packet of papers.  Some of them are for references and others are just basic information.  It is going to take a while to get it all finished but we are hoping to get it done quickly.

I left the meeting feeling ok about everything and our new social worker.  Yet I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the process.  I am anxious to have children in our home, and I look at the process that it is taking to do so and wonder if we are going to get it all done or not.

No comments: